How Does Online Udyog Aadhaar Registration Work?
Under the Udyog Aadhaar, only one page needs to be filled for registration with Aadhaar Card
acting as the sole legal document.
Online Udyog Aadhaar (SSI/ MSME) Registration - An Overview
An SSI also called Small Scale Industry Registration is a registration from the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. When a business registers as SSI it becomes eligible to avail government schemes and subsidies that are exclusive for small businesses.
Buiznest offers expert service for MSME registration:
- Free consultation
- Data verification: A thorough check of all the files submitted
- Vendor Connect: A dedicated affiliate who processes the SSI online application
- Receipt of License: The certificate will be issued within 15 days of application
MSME registration can be done by enterprises of sizes:
Under the MSMED Act, these small businesses get varying incentives such as:
- Priority sector lending
- Tax exemptionsd
- Capital investment
Registering for MSME is an entire online process but seeking the help of professionals makes it more easy. Buiznest assists you with the online application and gets the required approval from the department.
What is SSI/MSME Registration?
- Small scale industries play a vital role in the socio-economic development of India. To promote and encourage these small-scale industries, the government of the country created the MSMED Act. The Act was created to maintain a list of all the industries registered as MSME or SSI. The record aided in providing support and incentives to these firms. Furthermore, SSI helped in employment of people at little capital investments. All these entities should possess certificate of MSME registration, which should be registered with the Central Government’s MSME department under the Act of MSME Development- 2006The MSMED Act includes:
- Small Scale Industries (SSI)
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Different sectors have different limits for registering under the act.
- A manufacturing enterprise with plants and machinery that required an investment of below 10 Crores can be an MSME.
- For service enterprises, the amount caps at five crores.
- If the company exceeds the upper limit, at any point in the future, it is not considered as an MSME.
To avail the numerous benefits from the Government of India, an SSI registration certificate is needed. It is an optional registration but the companies that get registered are eligible for:
- Lesser interest rates
- Excise exemption scheme
- Subsidies in tax, capital investment and power tariff
- Other support
New Udyog Aadhaar replaces SSI / MSME Registration
In order to make the process of registering a small or medium level enterprise even more straightforward, a new act called the Udyog Aadhaar was created in 2015. Udyog Aadhaar completely replaces MSME and is conducted entirely online. Under the Udyog Aadhaar, only one page needs to be filled for registration with Aadhaar Card acting as the sole legal document.
Following are the MSME schemes offered by the government Udyog Aadhaar
Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum
Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) was introduced under the MSMED Act, 2006 to promote the ease of doing business for MSMEs. A simple one-page form is filed and the registration is user-friendly and easy. No documentation is required, except the 12-digit Aadhaar card number. Businesses also have a provision to file more than one Udyog Aadhaar with the same Aadhaar number. UAM can be filed on a self-declaration basis.
Zero Defect Zero Effect
ZED scheme encourages manufacturers to manufacture goods for export that are of highest quality. If the standards are met and goods are exported, the exporters will be eligible for rebates and concessions. If they are not exporterd, the goods will be rejected and returned to India.
Quality Management Standards and Quality Technology Tools
This scheme is aimed at helping micro, small and medium entreprises produce quality products at competitive prices by adopting the tools. Through the tools, businesses will be able to optimize the resource, improve quality, reduce rejection and rework. Under this scheme, businesses will be sensitized about the tools through activities like workshops, campaigns and seminars.
A System For Monitoring The Grievances
Under this scheme, the complaints and issues of the businesses will be addressed. The business owners can also track the status of their complaint and open it again it they are dissatisfied with the outcomes.
Why Udyog Aadhaar registration?
In the banking sector, if you need to avail the benefits of the MSMED Act of 2006, you will have to opt for MSME registration.
When you register your firm with Udyog Aadhaar , the business can leverage many schemes initiated by State and Central Government. In addition to this, for availing the MSMED Act 2006 benefits in the banking sector, MSME registration becomes mandatory.
- Refrain from asking for security deposits
- Concession in the electricity bills
- Increased chances of winning government tenders
- Reduction in fee for filing patents and trademark registration to get protection under the rights of intellectual properties.
- Easy and cheaper bank loans
- Reservation benefits
- Stamp duty and registration charges are waived off
- Reimbursement under the bar code registration
- Industrial promotion subsidy
- Reduction in the rate of the interest by major banks
Type of MSME Registrations
Provisional MSME Registration
The first stage of MSME registration is provisional which is given during the period before the establishment of the entity or the pre-investment period of the firm. At this point, the enterprise qualifies for:
- Obtaining facilities for accommodation, land, etc.
- Obtaining important approvals and NOCs
- Obtaining clearances from regulatory bodies
such as Pollution Control Board and Labour Regulations
The Provisional SSI Registration Certificate (PRC) enables small units to obtain term loans, and working capital from financial institutions and banks under priority sector lending.
Permanent MSME Registration
The second type of MSME registration is permanent. It is given to industrial units that are already functioning. Though the Act is not mandatory, it is immensely beneficial for firms to have the support of government.
Guidelines for online SSI / MSME Registration
Apply For Provisional Registration
A PRC ( Provisional Registration Certificate) is allotted to new enterprises without any field enquiry. It is purely an application-based form. Therefore, it has to applied in the precise prescribed form before operations begin in the unit. Once the application is submitted, the provisional registration will be provided without a physical inspection of the unit. The procedure is quick so that newly established firms can avail multiple benefits, quick loans and other necessary approvals.
Starting The Business
The provisional certificate is valid for a period of five years and the enterprise has to become operational within it. If the business fails to commence work under five years, a new application must be submitted.
Applying For Permanent SSI Registration
If the entrepreneur successfully begins operations within five years, they can apply for a permanent certification. The registration is done at the Ministry of MSMEs. The permanent SSI registration is granted only if specific conditions are met and mandatory documents are submitted.
- The unit has obtained statutory and administrative clearances as required.
- The unit does not violate any regulation or restriction.
- The value of plant and machinery in the unit does not exceed the prescribed limits.
- There should be proof the enterprise is not owned, subsidiary of or controlled by another industry.
At Buiznest, we are committed to helping you overcome every any obstacle that may arise in MSME registration for your enterprise.
List of documents required for SSI / MSME Registration
- Business address proof
- Copies of sale bill and purchase bill.
- Partnership Deed/ MoA and AoA.
- Copy of licenses and bills of machinery purchased.
- For firms that are listed in Schedule -III of the Industrial Licensing Exemption Notification, no Industrial license is needed. Every other enterprise must obtain it for the PRC (Provisional Registration Certificate) application.
- For the registration and document process, all statutory and administrative clearances need to be obtained such an NoC from pollution board to prove that no restrictions are being violated.
Opening of the Current Account
Current account or Demand Deposit Account is used by businesses for a higher number of transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, and contra transactions. It helps in the smooth functioning of a business.
Udyog Aadhaar eligibility – Who should obtain SSI/MSME Registration?
The eligibility for the scheme of MSME or SSI registration is dependent on the scale of business of the enterprise. Udyog Aadhaar registration is applicable for Proprietorship, Hindu Undivided Family(HUF), one-person company(OPC), Partnership Firm, public limited company, private limited company, production company, co-operative societies, limited liability partnership(LLP) or any association of persons or any other undertaking.
A manufacturing enterprise should have investment of less than Rs. 25 lakhs in plant and machinery. A service enterprise should have less than Rs. 10 lakhs invested. These micro enterprises are the smallest entities.
For manufacturing enterprises, the investment has to be between Rs. 25 lakhs and Rs. 5 crores in plant and machinery. For service enterprises, the range is between Rs. 10 lakhs and Rs. 2 crores.
If it is a manufacturing enterprise, the investment in plant and machinery has to be between Rs. 5 crore and Rs. 10 crores. If it is a service enterprise, the range is from Rs. 2 crores to Rs. 5 crores.
How we can help with MSME Registration? Why Buiznest
In 10 – 20 days time Buiznest obtains your MSME registration (without factoring in Government approval time).
2 Working Days
Following are the documents to be submitted with us:
- PAN cards
- Rental agreement for the office address (if rented)
- Electricity bill
- Identity and address proofs of the proprietor/partners/directors
- For private limited companies:
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Form 32
- Form 18
- Certificate of incorporation
- For Partnerships:
- Partnership agreement
2 Working Days
The submitted documents are filed along with the application. In some states, additional paperwork might be needed such as sale bills of machinery and municipal clearance.
15 Working Days
If production has not begun, a provisional certificate is issued for 5 years. It becomes permanent when the unit is functioning.
FAQs on SSI/MSME Registration
For how long is a Provisional Registration Certificate (PRC) valid?
What factors are not counted as investment?
How does SSI/MSME help me get a loan from a bank?
What benefits are given by state and central government?
What is MSME registration and how to get it?
What are the advantages of MSME registrations?
What is the eligibility criteria for MSME/SSI registrations in India?
What are the facts involved in the MSME/SSI registration?
What is Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM)?
60 Established Vendors
Buiznest has successfully completed 600+ registrations in the past year alone. We have partnered with some of the top experts in business across India to get your registration across to you on time.
9.1 Customer Score
We make your interaction with the government as smooth as is possible by doing all the paperwork for you. We will also give you absolute clarity on the process to set realistic expectations.
200+ Strong Team
Our team of experienced business advisors are a phone call away, should you have any queries about the process. But we’ll try to ensure that your doubts are cleared before they even arise.
Designing is not intended for talented people. It’s for everyone. What you need to do is just to open up your mind to all possibilities.
Never stop learning. Consider yourself as a life-long learner and try your best to learn as much as you can, you definitely will succeed.
You can’t succeed if you just do what others do and follow the well-worn path. You need to create a new and original path for yourself.
“Theme is @intuitive to use. Even for a WordPress beginner like me, Brook offers all the functions and features with simple instructions”
“I’m running a multi-area website so this multipurpose theme is just what I need. @Brook really has great concepts for creative agencies like ours.”
“This is just the most powerful theme I’ve ever met. Love to talk with their staff about how to explore all the capabilities of the @Brook theme. ”
“ThemeMove’s support team was very @professional. They can help me with fast and accurate solutions to all kinds of issues. Five stars for them.”
“The theme navigation is smooth and clean. Thanks to @Brook theme, my blogs now attracts thousands of audiences on a daily basis.”
“Found myself lucky for purchasing this theme! The developers of @Brook theme offer me the best customer service for my website. Love it!”