How Does Proposal For RBI Compounding Application Work For You?
Compounding an offence will avoid any lawsuits arising from the offence even in the future.
Proposal for RBI Compounding Application
To “compound” means “to settle a matter by money payment, in lieu of any other liability.” This clearly describes the concept of compounding as a mechanism that offers the offender an opportunity to avoid prosecution from the offence committed by him after paying off a monitory payment.
Compounding of an offence in context of the law means an amicable/cordial settlement for the purpose of avoiding prosecution for an offence, nevertheless, compounding is not an intrinsic right but delegated/provided by the respective Act under which the offence has been committed.
1. As far as the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA), the provisions of section 15, permit compounding of contraventions and empowers the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to compound any contravention as defined under the Section 13 of FEMA, except contraventions under Section 3 (a) of FEMA, on an application made by the person committing such a contravention.
Moreover, where a contravention has been compounded as given above, there can’t be any further initiating, proceeding, or continuing, as the case may be, in respect of the contravention so compounded.
2. The provisions of Section 13, states that if any person contravenes any provision of the FEMA, or any notification, rule, regulation, direction or order issued in exercise of the powers under this Act, or contravenes any condition subject to which an authorization is issued by the RBI, they shall, upon adjudication, be liable to a penalty up to three times the sum involved in such contravention, where the amount is quantifiable or up to rupees two lakhs, when the amount is not directly quantifiable and when the contravention is a continuing one, further penalty which may extend to rupees five thousand for every day after the first day during which the contravention continues.
3. However, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 46 read with sub-section (1) of Section 15 of FEMA, Central Government had made the Foreign Exchange (Compounding Proceedings) Rules, 2000 relating to the compounding contraventions under chapter IV of FEMA which were effective from 03.05.2000.
Documents Required for RBI Application
Good News! Just Some Basic Documents. Just See Our Checklist Below:
- Memorandum received from RBI
- All the FIRC’s & FDI report filed with RBI
- Board resolutions in respect of item 2
- FCGPR & allotment filed with RBI & ROC
- Previous compounding offences, if any
- RBI Related documents
Procedure for RBI Compounding Application
- Preparing the compounding application and submitting to the regional office of the RBI
- Getting the order and paying the penalty with RBI
Is it mandatory to file the RBI Compounding Application?
Do I have to attend for personal hearing?
What if I fail to pay the penalty?
60 Established Vendors
Buiznest has successfully completed 600+ registrations in the past year alone. We have partnered with some of the top experts in business across India to get your registration across to you on time.
9.1 Customer Score
We make your interaction with the government as smooth as is possible by doing all the paperwork for you. We will also give you absolute clarity on the process to set realistic expectations.
200+ Strong Team
Our team of experienced business advisors are a phone call away, should you have any queries about the process. But we’ll try to ensure that your doubts are cleared before they even arise.
Designing is not intended for talented people. It’s for everyone. What you need to do is just to open up your mind to all possibilities.
Never stop learning. Consider yourself as a life-long learner and try your best to learn as much as you can, you definitely will succeed.
You can’t succeed if you just do what others do and follow the well-worn path. You need to create a new and original path for yourself.
“Theme is @intuitive to use. Even for a WordPress beginner like me, Brook offers all the functions and features with simple instructions”
“I’m running a multi-area website so this multipurpose theme is just what I need. @Brook really has great concepts for creative agencies like ours.”
“This is just the most powerful theme I’ve ever met. Love to talk with their staff about how to explore all the capabilities of the @Brook theme. ”
“ThemeMove’s support team was very @professional. They can help me with fast and accurate solutions to all kinds of issues. Five stars for them.”
“The theme navigation is smooth and clean. Thanks to @Brook theme, my blogs now attracts thousands of audiences on a daily basis.”
“Found myself lucky for purchasing this theme! The developers of @Brook theme offer me the best customer service for my website. Love it!”